We are pleased to announce that CeloLaunch Labs have completed the project appraisal rounds and invested in Secretum.
1. Project Overview
Secretum is the decentralised, encrypted messaging and OTC trading Blockchain app. Secretum creates a completely new ecosystem allowing all crypto wallet owners to:
- Communicate directly and anonymously by messaging/phone/video with any other wallet owner in the world, based only on knowing their wallet addresses.
- Trade crypto assets and NFTs P2P via an integrated ESC (escrow smart contract) functionality.
- Make communications, file storage, and transactions secure from hackers and government censorship via a decentralised distributed node network.
- Receive rewards for app use and content creation (personalised channels and broadcasts), in addition to paying for additional services/subscriptions, via the SER token.
- Offer premium content (lessons, seminars, influencer videos, etc.) on public channels to other platform users, in exchange for payments via the SER token.
The Secretum solution offers numerous benefits to users:
Messaging Security – Decentralized data storage, complete anonymity, no data transfers, no moderators, and complete end-to-end encryption. The node-to-node communication protocol means all messages between users are stored on trusted nodes, directly on our Solana-based Blockchain network. Users can sign up exclusively with their wallet addresses, validated by the node network, while maintaining complete anonymity.
Trading Flexibility – Secretum allows crypto owners to do something unprecedented, namely communicate and trade with each other without having to know each other, or having each other’s data on a contact list. This opens up endless opportunities for exchanging messages, files, and assets between previously disconnected individuals – an enormous step in encoraging the adoption of crypto currency and creating liquidity in the market.
Cost Effectiveness – Allowing users to trade crypto assets in a cost-effective way – be it fungible ones (ether, bitcoin etc.) or non-fungible ones (NFTs), directly P2P. This helps users avoid the fees, congestion, and liquidity issues affecting Centralised (CEX) and Decentralised (DEX) crypto exchanges.
Data Security – Files are stored on trusted, independent nodes in the Secretum network, and transfers happen on a P2P basis, based on an encrypted procedure verified by the parties involved alone. No more data breaches, hacks, password leaks, or any other risk affecting existing cloud storage solutions.
Secretum essentially creates a global Web 3.0 era platform for all crypto wallet owners to trade and communicate between each other – all from a single place, and with tangible advantages over existing trading and messaging solutions.
2. GTM Strategy & Product Viablitity
Secretum plans to market itself and expand via a series of proven strategies that have been used by other messaging and trading apps (including Telegram, Robinhood, and Dropbox) to create fast organic growth. Our strategy will be implemented in two phases:
Phase 1 – Market Entry (Months 0-6)
Focus: The B2C segment
Goal: Achieve maximum decentralisation via early user adoption and node distribution.
User Incentive: SER token rewards for running nodes.
KPI: +51% of user nodes over 6 months
Phase 1 will involve three main activities:
- Token sale to onboard investors are product evangelists/users
- Partnerships with privacy-oriented companies
- Referral rewards and giveaways for successfully onboarded users
- Contacting crypto and Blockchain influencers for exposure
- Video reviews on paid YouTube channels
- Paid Twitter/Instagram influencer posts
Phase 2 – Target Audience Penetration (Months 7-18)
Focus: Expand our B2C reach and target the B2B segment
Goal: Achieve mass B2C adoption and corporate adoption
User Incentive: Cost-effectiveness, speed, safety, easy setup
KPI: +90% of user nodes over 12 months
- Weekly articles targeted at C-suite executives explaining the functioning of Secretum’s technology and its differences from existing messaging/file storage solutions
- Monthly updates on the platform’s development – to maintain interest in the product and in the upcoming launch.
- Meme competitions
- Merchandise design
- Announcements of partnerships, integrations, etc.
3. Product Roadmap
- Private Sale
- Blockchain Agnostic Architecture Beta Testing
- Binance Smart Chain Bridge Support
- DApp MVP development
- Public Sale
- Liquidity / Listing
- DApp development and advancement
- DApp development finalisation
- Private Beta Testing and NFT Airdrops
- Public Beta Release (Crypto Influencer Campaign)
- Secretum DApp launch
- Final Testing
- Deployment on app stores
- Community building + competitions
- Secretum network setup and node validator onboarding.
The Secretum team is made of experts in the fields of cyber security and crypto engineering. They have been developing the Secretum platform over the last three years, incorporating the most advanced crypto-security measures and developing unprecedented Blockchain end-to-end encryption technology. The Secretum team envisions a world where communications and assets are completely free from intermediaries, risks of theft, or any other external threat.
6. Partners & Backers
7. Token Economy
SER: The Secretum Token’s Utility & Function
The SER Token is the currency of the Secretum ecosystem, and covers various roles:
- It acts as a form of guarantee for users to initiate contact or invite new users to the Secretum network, communicating with other users – staking.
- It rewards users for providing nodes to the network, which improves its security, speed of communication, and decentralisation.
- A staking account can be used to delegate tokens to validators on the network to potentially earn rewards for the owner of the stake account. Therefore, SER token owners can be rewarded purely for ownership although they are not providing or validating any nodes in the Secretum network.
- It allows users to trade crypto assets between Secretum wallets, and interface the Secretum wallets with wallets from third-party platforms.
- It enables users to monetise any content provided anonymously, via their respective channels.
- It allows users to pay for any additional premium services provided by the Secretum app (hidden chats, crypto asset trading capabilities, message storage, and file storage).
- It allows Secretum users to ping the wallets of non-users by sending a SER token to it. This not only allows platform users to get in touch with users not in their contact lists, it also creates an interest to join Secretum to message other users and conclude crypto transactions – leveraging network effects.
- Secretum users can pay gas fees with SER tokens.
Secretum’s ecosystem is designed to promote a strong, long-term self-reliant economy with participant incentives aligned to the security and decentralization of the network. The main participants in the Secretum economy are:
- Node Validators – These are selected according to minimum Hardware, Software, GPU, and Network Speed requirements. There is no minimum amount of SER tokens needed to become a validator and consensus provider. However, a minimum of 0.01 SER tokens have to be staked for any voting/governance decision.
- Wallet Users – Participants in the Secretum network for messaging and trading purposes.
They are incentivised according to their tasks and contributions to the network, with two types of rewards:
- Secretum protocol-based reward
- Transaction commissions.
Protocol-based rewards are generated from inflationary SER token issuances from a pre-defined inflation schedule. These rewards will be allocated to validators according to node validation, with the remainder generated from transaction commissions.
Transaction commissions are generated from P2P asset transfers and messages. To promote the value of the token and the stability of the ecosystem, partial burning of each transaction fee is also implemented. As the Secretum network grows, inflationary rewards will constitute the bulk of incentives, to attract and build a large network of nodes and node validators.
The tokenomics of the Secretum platform are also designed to encourage the creation of Smart Public Channels by users that offer paid content subscriptions to other users:
To launch an SPC, a user will have to to pay 100 SER tokens, of which 20% will be instantly burned, and 80% will become a staking reward for nodes. To access the content, users pay owners set fees, which owners keep 90% of. The remaining 10% is used as a staking reward (80%) and burned (20%):
The burning function will encourage the maintenance of the token’s value (supply destruction), while the reward staking will incentivise the further expansion of the node network.
8. Token Distribution
- Token Name: SER
- Total Supply: 100,000,000
- TGE: TBA
- Initial Marketcap: $1,550,000
9. Official Links
- Website: https://secretum.io/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/appsecretum
- Telegram Chat: https://t.me/secretum_global
- Telegram Ann: https://t.me/secretum_app
About CeloLaunch Labs
CeloLaunch Labs - Venture Capital of CeloLaunch, identifies, aims, and empowers viably potential decentralized entrepreneurs, startups, and communities, providing financing to industry projects that help grow the project larger in Celo and other ecosystem.
CeloLaunch provides a constantly expanding set of decentralized services by offering revolutionary, flexible technology to add value to the DeFi industry as a whole, in CELO Network specifically. Startups may boost their initiative and reward communities by utilizing our services. Our vision is to construct an autonomous launchpad on CELO after recognizing the CELO Network's future potential.
Pitch Deck: https://celolaunch.io/docs/CeloLaunch-Pitch-Deck.pdf
CertiK Audit: https://www.certik.org/projects/celolaunch